Friday, April 23, 2010

Inspiration for My Outdoor Oasis - Whimsical, Eclectic and Full of Fun!

















On a quest to create a fresh outdoor space...an oasis that is whimsical, eclectic and magical!  After some major google searching for inspiration to drive the project, I was able to pull together a collage board of some ideas I found that totally inspired me.
Love the idea of adding tables with lots of fun potted plants, potted gazing balls, candles, and lots of found treasures.  I actually have an old Coca-Cooler that looks like the one in the picture and was excited to find this image...totally cool!  The picket fence with the painted bike . . .  LOVE! I think a trellis with the fence will be an added element and will try and see if my husband can figure out how to make a unique piece to set off the picket fencing!  The bike, well that may end up being something a little smaller, but  I'm sure I can find a bicycle that has seen better days just waiting for a fresh coat of paint, maybe a new basket on the front that I can fill with flowers and a bell for good measure!  Oh, and one more thing that will definitely be included is some fairy lights...the jar lanterns; romantic, dreamy and such ambiance.  Can't forget to add the magic!
So I'm totally inspired and ready to start the project.  Not sure how long it will take to pull it all together, but will make sure to post pics when it's finally done!  mmmm...maybe I need to give myself a deadline.  A weekend Outdoor Oasis party may be in the near future!  Can't wait!
If you have any fun outdoor decorating ideas to share would love to hear about them!