Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Treasured Vintage Paper Dolls - Inspired!


I recently was doing some reorganizing in one of my closets and came across this box of treasured vintage paper dolls that my sister's and I collected and played with when we were growing up.  Boy, did it bring back memories.   I remember hours and hours of creative play and fun making up stories while dressing and re-dressing these flat, but dimensional characters.  I don't recall doing all the punching out and cutting of each paper piece and tab . . . I think we had alot of help with that part thanks I'm sure to my very patient Mom and Aunts's!   And although I haven't counted how many actual pieces are in the box there are several different styles from Raggedy to The Gingham Girls to Little Lulu and of course, Barbie.    I think that I'll definitely have to figure out a way to work this whole paper doll look into my Pop Art Minis and maybe even with my candles . . . I feel a new design coming on! Off to the drawing board!